Sunday, September 20, 2009

Yard Sale!

Saturday was our neighborhood's community yard sale, so we decided at the last minute to try and get rid of some of the girl's gear and clothes. Friday night my mom came over and we got things sorted and ready for the next day.

Things got off to a slow start. By mid morning the traffic had picked up, but items still weren't moving - and I was determined I would not lower prices! All the items we were selling were in mint condition.

Then, my childhood dance class teacher, whom I probably hadn't seen in twenty years, just happened to stop by with her pregnant daughter-in-law. Jackpot! They cleaned us out of all the big-ticket items.

Anna Claire and Mallory had a great time! Our front yard is shaded in the morning, so the girls played outside all morning long and had so much fun waving at all the folks going up and down the street. Anna Claire wanted to be sure everyone understood her lovie was not for sale.Walter took the girls on a long walk through the neighborhood. Mallory fell fast asleep and ended up having a great nap sitting in the stroller in the driveway enjoying the awesome breeze.

The only things that did not sell besides some random toys and miscellaneous items were the girls' clothes. I'm going to be putting these items up for sale on eBay soon, so if you know anyone seriously interested in girls' clothes (many never worn with tags still on!) sizes NB, 3, 6, and 9 months, leave a comment with your e-mail address.

2 comments:

Tracy said...

Hey Lisa, I'm doing a mom2mom sale with my MOM club on 10-10. How long would you say it took you to go through all your things? I'm selling everything, too. We have SOOO many clothes, both boy and girl.

Christie said...

Oh my goodness, you saw Ms. Marcia?!? Gee, it has been forever since I have seen her.