Monday, October 25, 2010

The Princess and the Pea {updated}

After our first trip to the MUSC children's ER {in the wind, and rain, and thunder, and lightening no less}, the pea has been extracted.

Anna Claire was such a brave girl! I knew she was nervous in the waiting room when she kept saying over and over, "Mommy, I love you." So sweet. And I think she learned her lesson.

Anna Claire has a pea stuck up her nose. Right now. As I type.

She actually had one in each nostril, but my mom was able to get one out. The other can be seen with a flashlight if you tip her head way back, but it is just too far up there. We've tried everything the nurse suggested...using the suction bulb, having her blow her nose, and trying to flush it out with saline. The nurse seemed confident that the pea would work itself out and didn't seem overly concerned, so I was OK with it for a while.

Then, I googled "pea stuck in toddlers nose," and now I'm starting to feel a little uneasy. i think I'll be calling the pediatrician's office back in a bit.

Check back for updates...

No comments: