Friday, October 25, 2013

InstaFriday ~ a Peek at Our Week

Hey, friends and family! Here's my attempt at a quick peek at our week. I find myself using my phone to snap pics more and more frequently these days {though I still love my DSLR}, so I enjoyed sharing my phone pics this summer…until things got busy. Maybe I can try again to start a habit of updating more frequently. 

Here we go…

Here's Anna Claire picking out her glasses. These aren't the frames she went with ~ they didn't come in purple! Watching her in the exam room was fascinating to me ~ how she aced the eye test with her right eye but bombed it when only using her left eye. She was such a trooper during the exam. She'd cheer herself on when she got a letter or picture right with a "woot!" and when she wasn't sure of a letter she say, "I'm gonna have to go with a 'c'" for example.  She was too cute and chatted up the optometrist. 


Saturday we went to Disney on Ice. We all had a great time. The girls were on their best behavior and enjoyed every second of the show! Of course, we came home with Flounder and Pascal. We are getting tons of wear out of their aqua chevron pants from last spring…it was fun to whip up the  coordinating Minnie Mouse t-shirts for them to wear. This appliqué is cute and fast ~ love that!

Pumpkin time! 

Last weekend I made chocolate chip pumpkin mini~muffins. Yum! These are addictive, and I think part of that's because they are bite~sized. 


The girls have been fighting a cold, so after making a quick trip to the doctor Sunday, we popped into Dunkin Donuts. The pumpkin donuts were amazing; the pumpkin pie cream filled variety were a disappointment, in my opinion. 


Anna Claire's glasses finally came in.  She could not have been more excited!! I already did a little post on that earlier this week, and I am pleased to say she is still doing a great job, though her eyes are pretty tired by the end of the day which we were told to expect. 


Tuesday before dance class we walked around and enjoyed the Scarecrows on the Square. Since the scarecrows are on town square just across from dance class, we've made it a tradition to visit on dance class nights!


Yesterday we popped by the pumpkin patch to pick the perfect pumpkin. Honestly, Anna Claire was tired and the pumpkins were pretty picked over, so we didn't have as much fun as I had hoped. I only managed to get one quick pic. 


Ocerall, I'd say we had a great week. Hope you all have a great weekend, everyone!

Linking up…


No comments: