Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Sewing for Summer

It's been awhile since I sewed anything for the girls (maybe as long ago as their Halloween costumes), so I've been really excited to make them a few things for summer. I found some cute fabrics and easy patterns to make the girls some easy tops and dresses for the summertime heat.

This three-tiered ruffle top was much easier (and quicker) than I thought. The hardest part was making my own bias tape; I think I burned off my fingerprints with steam from the iron as I pressed the creases in the bias tape.
I was so excited to finish both tops that I couldn't wait to take pictures of the girls wearing them. It's going to be warm this week, so I think the girls may have the chance to wear their new tops in the days to come, so I'll snap some pictures of my little models then. I think I may have enough fabric left over for matching shorts with a little ruffle or bloomers at the least, and I have more plans to make tons of sundresses. Since we'll be potty training this summer I think dresses are going to be the way to go!

No comments: