Friday, July 23, 2010

Mother Goose Presents...

Nursery Rhymes are the girl's absolute favorite right now. All of their other books have taken a back seat to Mother Goose. We started out with the classic Mother Goose {you know the one with the black and white checked cover?}. I bought this version for the girls before they were born. This was the book I grew up reading, but I didn't remember just how many of the rhymes were hard to say or just plain didn't make sense ~ not fun reading and really boring pictures!

For the girls' birthday, I came across Silly Mother Goose {I have loved Mary Engelbreit forever}. Imagine my surprise when the girls had all six rhymes memorized after just a few nights' of bedtime reading. They loved both the nursery rhymes and the pictures...we needed more. I was so happy to find Mary Engelbreit's Mother Goose with 100 nursery rhymes. She picked all the best from the original Mother Goose and re-illustrated them. We are in love with this book!

I have been trying for weeks to get video of the girls because they are both talking so well and because they walk around the house all day reciting nursery rhymes. Mallory even says them as she's falling asleep at night {so sweet}.

The videos below aren't the best examples of either, but I'll take what I can get. They really aren't that into being video taped these days; they would much rather try to get the camera out of my hands.

There are other rhymes they can say more clearly and accurately, but these are the ones they wanted to say for the camera: Mallory is saying eenie, meenie, miney, moe, and Anna Claire is saying Little Bo Peep and baa, baa, black sheep...in case you can't tell for yourself. ;-)




No comments: