Friday, January 13, 2012

They've Got a Dream...

This week at school the girls are doing a unit on community helpers {policemen, doctors, etc.} and tying that all in with "I Have a Dream" since MLK day is Monday. {Is it horrible that all I think of now is the Snuggly Ducking scene from Tangled?} Yesterday they got to dress up as what they "dream" of being when they grow up. Now, up until yesterday if you asked Anna Claire what she wanted to be she would have told you a mommy and Mallory would have told you a bride. Interesting.

So, we had a little talk about careers and jobs, and since we pretty much only have princess and fairy costumes, and I was not going to Target to buy any new costumes/props, I was able to gently persuade Anna Claire that she might like to be an artist and I easily convinced Mallory that she might like to be a chef. They were sold on my ideas for their "dream jobs" and so excited to dress up for school. Anna Claire asked me if it was Halloween!

Off they went to school yesterday...Anna Claire wearing an art smock with paintbrushes, crayons, and markers in the pocket and Mallory wearing an apron and carrying a mini whisk and wooden spoon. Dylan was a veterinarian. 
 
I don't know why, but this picture makes me laugh sooooo hard. I think it's the look on both girls' faces and the fact that Mallory's head looks huge.
No school Monday; happy MLK Day!!!

No comments: