Sunday, June 7, 2009

Variations on a Theme

I don't really want to leave out a single detail from Anna Claire and Mallory's first birthday party, so I've decided I'll need a few different posts to capture it all. It was their first birthday, after all! I may not get everything posted tonight (I've got tons of pictures to sort through), so check back tomorrow night for more.

First, our theme: cupcakes!

All the "party in a box"-type cupcake-themed decorations weren't really our style, so I just shopped around for any and everything I could find with a cupcake on it.

I love this happy birthday banner. We had to string it from wall to wall in a corner of the living room after having to make a last minute decision to bring the party inside due to threatening rain clouds. I think it would have looked adorable anywhere.The girls' smash cakes - made by my mom. Could they be any yummier? Pictures of the girls' "digging in" coming soon!Their bibs which they wore while smashing into those yummy cakes... ;-)
How sweet are the plates and napkins?
I am very proud of myself for finding absolutely every square foot of cupcake wrapping paper and every cupcake gift bag in the tri-county area.
Thanks to Aunt Pam for blowing up the party balloons.Goodie bags for all the girls' cousins...
I wish I had a picture of the party invitation. I couldn't find anything quite cute enough, so I had them hand-made by the secretary in my office. She is quite talented and the invitations are precious. I also found cupcake thank you notes to send out.

I think it turned out adorable that things weren't too matchy-matchy. To be honest, I may have been the only person who actually realized there was a theme (I hope not!) Regardless, I had tons of fun shopping for everything to make Anna Claire and Mallory's first birthday party special.

1 comment:

Tracy said...

Very cute idea! And now I have the answer to my earlier question...

We are thinking of doing "rainbows" as a theme, and your post gave me a lot of ideas!