Saturday, August 29, 2009

A Day in the Life...

6:37 AM
I wake up to a magnitude 3.2 earthquake. Everyone else in the house sleeps right on through. At first, I thought it was Cody and Tanner banging around out in the hallway, but then I realized that I just didn't hear something - I felt it, too. The last earthquake we actually felt was this past Christmas. Still waiting on the big one!

9:30 AM
We're off to the mall with Granny to buy new shoes for fall. Sadly, they only had one pair in the girls' size, so the second pair is being shipped to us. That's okay since the girls won't be wearing them for a while.

11:00AM
The nice sales lady in Dillard's is convinced that one of the girls is a boy - even though I told her more than once they were both girls. They were both wearing white sandals, smocked bishop dresses, Mallory had a bow in her hair, and I tried girl's sandals on both Anna Claire and Mallory. I never knew whether she thought Anna Claire or Mallory was the boy. As we walked away, I heard her tell the other sales lady, "one is a boy and one is a girl." gaaahhhh!

12:30 PM
The girls make their first trip to my new favorite fabric shop, Sew 'n Sew. I needed some fabric for a new project and didn't know when I would get back out there. Let's just say a fabric shop is not the place to take little ones. They weren't bad, but there was just way too much for them to get into. While we were there though, amidst the rows and rows, shelves and shelves of hundreds of bolts of fabric, do you know it was Anna Claire who spotted the "Brown Bear, Brown Bear, What Do You See?" fabric. That was like finding a needle in a haystack! They had two prints. One is the children in the back of the book and the other is a white background with all the animals printed all over it. Both girls loved it, but I'm not sure it would make a cute dress.

1:30 PM
Mallory takes a one hour nap and Anna Claire sleeps for two hours. That's right, Anna Claire.

5:30 PM
The girls eat, among other things, roasted sweet potatoes topped with bleu cheese for supper. They love bleu cheese! Can babies eat bleu cheese?

6:00 PM
While I am running the girls' bathwater, Walter is taking off the girls' diapers. He sends Anna Claire down the hall to find me in the bathroom, and she poops on the floor - a first.

7:30 PM
The girls have been sleeping soundly for an hour...

1 comment:

Tracy said...

What a day!! I've awakened to a big earthquake before and it scared the you-know-what out of me.

Yay for blue cheese, one of my favorites!

I love reading your updates on naps, because Rowan is fighting them like crazy and I don't quite know what to do. I think she'd be okay going down to one per day, but then their schedules would be completely off and I'd never get a break. Sigh.