Thursday, August 18, 2011

Back to School

Today was Anna Claire and Mallory's first day of three~year~old preschool! It was a great day!

I am pleased to report that we got through our first night of "homework" last night. I could so easily become one of those moms who does the projects for her children. {Hi, my name is Lisa and I am a perfectionist.} I had to stop myself a few times when I really wanted Mallory to let me trim her fabric or when I wanted Anna Claire to let me center the bow {for example}, but I restrained myself and I am so glad I did. They were so proud of their look~alike paper dolls they created just the way they wanted them.

I got a few pics of the process, but sadly none of the finished products...

This morning the girls and Dylan were all smiles and very excited...like they were old pros at preschool or something...but not really willing to give up many smiles for the camera...
 ...or stand still for very long. Must have been nervous energy.

 
Once it was time to head inside to their classroom, Granny had to chase a very eager Mallory down the sidewalk!

We were actually the first ones in the classroom. Anna Claire and Mallory were very excited to hand in their "paper dolls." I had a chance to get a few pictures, but they were so excited and interested in all the new toys and centers I could hardly get them to look up and give me a smile.



They had a great first day and were eager to talk a little about the playground, the songs they sang and books they read, and they seem quite excited for next week. I think they're going to have a great year!

No comments: