Tuesday, September 6, 2011

There's a Snake in My Boot!

The girls think this is just the funniest line from Toy Story. They'll say, "There's a snake in my boot!" and just roll on the floor laughing. Well,......
We were not laughing Monday when there was a snake in the yard! I still can't believe I walked out there and took. a. picture. Yikes!

The creepiest thing is that Walter. the girls, and the dogs were all outside {!!!} while I was finishing up supper. I heard Walter telling the girls to go inside and for the dogs to get on the porch. His tone seemed a little off but I didn't think much of it, then he I heard him tell Anna Claire to ask me to bring my camera outside. For a second, I think the thought of a snake flashed through my mind, but I sure did not believe it until I saw it...and it made me gag (seriously). I know that's strange, but there was just something about seeing that slithering snake that made me ill. I still managed to photograph him, though. You know, for posterity. May he rest in peace.

Side note: we have no idea what kind of snake this was. {Do you?} Walter was sure it was not poisonous, though. I asked him on what basis he was making his assumption, to which he replied, "I just don't think it is." Huh?

2 comments:

holly said...

oh my gosh!! i HATE snakes. i'd be shaking in my shoes!!

i found this:
http://www.oplin.org/snake/quick%20id/quickid_01.html

it asks you a few quick questions and then will tell you the type of snake. try it and report back!

holly said...

ok, you are not going to believe this, but tripper just got home from a business trip, came running in and said there was a snake heading into our garage from the back driveway. OMG! i'm so glad i didn't see it. he swept it away with a long broom. ours was dark grey and about a foot long. YUCK!!!