Tuesday, April 30, 2013

Empty Nest

Has it really been two weeks since I've had anything to share? I guess life has been pretty busy...or I'm just too tired in the evenings to upload pictures or type anything! This is definitely the busiest time of the year for me at work ~ and the most stressful. While teachers and students are winding down, I'm just gearing up for summer trainings and workshops. On the home front, Anna Claire and Mallory's 5th birthday {what!?} is in approximately four short weeks {I just got their party invitation proof today}; kindergarten testing is in three weeks and so is their LAST day of play school ~ forever. sniff. sniff.

So lately, we've just been trying to take it easy after a couple of busy weekends...we play outside when it isn't raining or too cold ~ thank goodness May gets here tomorrow; I'm ready for pretty weather again.

Walter found the sweetest, most intricately designed, emptiest little bird's nest lying in the yard. So sad for the momma bird and all the hard work she put into her nest. We think it blew out of a tree during a recent storm.

Speaking of finding things on the ground, we found an earthworm crawling through the grass after a recent rainfall...Anna Claire wanted to touch it, so I had to take a picture of that! Ick! 

Lots more to share later...Dylan turned FIVE last week, we finally made it to the strawberry patch, and I've been putting my embroidery machine to work! Off now to see who gets voted off DWTS.

post signature

No comments: