Sunday, November 28, 2010

Silent Night, Holy Moly


We keep a book basket in the living room and I rotate it with new books or counting books or holiday books or whatever the girls are "reading" at the moment. This morning I switched out the Halloween and Thanksgiving books in the book basket for Christmas books. The first one Anna Claire wanted to read was Silent Night. Both girls can recognize baby Jesus and the Nativity scene and Mallory even pointed out baby Jesus in the manger, but when I read the first line {Silent night, holy night}, Anna Claire asked, "Where's holy moly?" {I guess she's heard me say that a few times.} When we got to a picture of the three wisemen, I asked her if she knew what they brought baby Jesus. Her answer? Toys.

Holy moly, I think we've got some work to do this Christmas.

No comments: