Thursday, August 9, 2012

Not Much Time for Blogging

Getting in the back~to~school routine has been sooooo tough for me this year...lots of teacher trainings this summer!! {Do you know what Common Core is? Well, I do!} After teaching teachers all day, all I want to do is come home, play with the girls, and watch the Olympics. I've got lots to catch up on...here and around the house. Laundry has piled up, the house is already a wreck ...and school hasn't even oficially started yet!!

As a result of my complete and total exhaustion, we {me, Granny, Michelle, and the kids} decided to take a spontaneous trip to the mountains last weekend. We left right after my Thursday class and stayed through Sunday. We didn't do much, but it was nice to get away for just a few days.

Mallory thought she could hike the mountain wearing these rain boots.
 Transformers meet the ponies...

The Chocolate Bear...

The girls wanted their pictures taken with Queen Elinor, Mor'du, and one of the triplets. I apologized to the owner for taking pictures, but she actually said that people come in every day to take pictures with the bears! Really?? By the way, have you ever tried caramel~sea salt fudge? You should. You really, really should.


How cool are these hillbillies? And how tiny does Anna Claire look?

Mast General Store and barrels and barrels of every kind of candy you could imagine...

On the way home we stopped at a road~side veggie stand and I bought "groceries" for the week: corn, squash, tomatoes, green beans, cucumbers, blue berries and raspberries. We've eaten very well this week!! I'm sad that we've just about run out of mountain~grown veggies.

Thankfully, I don't have to work on Friday...we're headed to the PGA...hooray!!

No comments: