Thursday, January 1, 2009

Happy New Year

Anna Claire and Mallory celebrated their first New Year's Eve at the annual family pig pickin' & oyster roast. Mallory was wide awake and such a cutie (would you look at those lips), but little Anna Claire, who missed her afternoon nap, was a bit of a party pooper - but also still an absolute cutie herself. It got cold as soon as the sun began setting, so the girls were actually only outside for about thirty minutes...and we all missed ringing in the new year by hours. I had the girls home and in bed by 7:30 and I followed shortly. Walter stayed at the party, but was home himself at 10:30. We may never see another ball drop again! Today it was back to Granny and Papa's for hoppin' john, collards, sweet potato casserole and pork roast. Yum! If anyone asked me what my favorite holiday meal was, I wouldn't say Thanksgiving or Christmas or Easter. It would be New Year's Day, by far.

So, 2009 is upon us. What could it possibly have in store for us? Sitting and crawling and walking and talking, the girls' first birthday...and I though 2008 was exciting. I can't wait!

I only have one resolution - to be the best mommy I can be to Anna Claire and Mallory, who thought they sit together to wish everyone a Happy New Year! And I thought it was hard getting them both to smile in the same picture. I can't remember how many times one or both of them tipped over before I could get the two shots below. I never could get them both to look at the camera at the same time!

No comments: