Saturday, June 30, 2012

New Li'l Fishy Ensembles Require a Visit to the Aquarium, Of Course!

I didn't get these outfits finished in time for the beach like I had hoped, but I was able to finish them just in time for a trip to the aquarium yesterday {too hot to be outside}!
The applique was another super~easy one made with scrap fabric and $4 t~shirts. I had just enough enough of the polka~dot fabric for shorts with a little ric~rac trim {not enough scraps for a ruffle, but I really love the ric~rac more than I thought I would!}. This time I even stitched a little ric~rac "tag" in the shorts so I could tell front from back!
The girls had tons of fun at the aquarium, though I've finally decided after what I think is their fourth visit, that's it's just too expensive for their age. Luckily, I get in free with my district ID!

The Madascar exhibit was cute, and while King Julian and friends did not disappoint, Anna Claire and Mallory wanted to see FISH! Too bad we don't really have any pics of fish to share...do you know how hards it is to take good picutres inside a dark aquarium? You probably do, and you're probably betteer at it than I am!

 I did manage to get a cute pic of these two ferocious sharks!
 Little eaglets...
...and quick pose outside at the fountain.

No comments: