Thursday, April 26, 2012

Rhyme Time


I've been working with Anna Claire and Mallory for a while on rhyming. A few weeks ago, it "clicked" with both of them and now we're rhyming all the time...real words and nonsense words...in the car, in the tub, at the dinner table.

Well, it finally happened today. I was at my parents' house to pick up the girls after work when Mallory asked, "Do bucket and @#&% it rhyme?" Now, I know for a fact she has never heard the f~word or the phrase. Ever. But, both girls have caught on to the concept that swapping out initial consonant sounds produces rhymes and they come up with rhymes like lamp and bamp, basket and hasket all the time. Knowing her slip of the tongue was completely innocent is what made it so funny. I think my mom and I let out a scream at the exact same time then started laughing uncontrollably.

Luckily, Mallory had no clue what she had said or what we were laughing about and she has not repeated herself. Whew!
In other news, the girls are still sick ~ coughing, throwing up from coughing so hard, sneezing, runny noses, Mallory's had diarrhea, and Anna Claire has been running an evening temp {101 last night and 102.5 tonight}. Thankfully, the girls are in pretty good spirits.

Here's to hoping we get a little more sleep tonight. The weekend cannot get here fast enough.

No comments: