Friday, March 6, 2009

Mom of the Year, really? I am honored, Holly. ;-) Thanks!

the rules:

1. admit that ONE thing you feel awful about involving being a mom. get it off your shoulders. once you've written it down, you are NO LONGER allowed to feel bad. it's over with, it's in the past. remember, you're a good mom!

Night before last the girls were fussy on-and-off for a couple hours after we put them to bed. We gave them both Tylenol in case of teething, but at 10 PM Mallory woke up crying her eyes out which, of course, woke up Anna Claire. After an hour of Walter and I rocking them (they only fussed and cried when we tried to put them down) we put them down and walked out. Thankfully, they fussed for four minutes only and were then out like a light. The next morning, they both had stuffy, runny noses; today - fevers and a quick trip to the pedi. I feel really guilty because now I'm certain they weren't feeling well. That night I got frustrated because Mallory wouldn't fall asleep and Anna Claire wouldn't let us put her down, and I let them fuss themselves to sleep.

2. to remind yourself that you ARE a good mom, list SEVEN things you love about your kids, you love doing with your kids, or that your kids love about you. these are the things to remind yourself of EVERY DAY that you rock!


  • I love pushing the girls in their swings.

  • I love that I have happy, content babies.

  • I love when Anna Claire and Mallory reach for each other - I think they're trying to hug each other.

  • I love that the girls made it all the way to nine months old before getting their first fevers (even though I do not love that they are now sick).

  • I love that they tested negative for the flu.

  • I love that Anna Claire and Mallory reach for my face when I'm feeding them their bottles.

  • I love that both girls' entire faces light up when they smile.
3. send this to FIVE other moms of the year that deserve forgiveness and a reminder that they, too, are the best moms they can be!!! remember to send them a note to let them know you've selected them, and add a link to the person who nominated you!

Four much-deserving mommies of the year, in no particular order...

2 comments:

Sara_Smiles said...

Thanks, Lisa!

I didn't even know that you knew I was a stalker! ;)

That was fun!

Oh, and don't feel too bad... we cry ourselves to sleep around here, too.

And, we are NOT psychics and fussiness is the same at 3 am, sick or not. :) You are awesome!

Brandon said...

Thanks! I don't mind! Do not feel bad about the sick thing. Owen has had many colds, but the last one is the only one that involved fever. It's not fun, in fact very scary, but we just kept plugging away with the Tylenol and it eventually broke after a few days. We certainly bend "the rules" when he is sick. Remember, we are doing this for the first time, and you are not alone!