Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Buy One, Get One Free

Eleven months, two weeks and one day after Anna Claire and Mallory were born, I am still battling through communications with the hospital and insurance company to get claims filed properly. Apparently, Anna Claire's birth was billed incorrectly by Trident, so Blue Cross paid for Mallory, but won't pay for Anna Claire.

Here's how the last eleven months have gone...

I get a huge bill from Trident.
I call them to find out why.
They tell me there was a mistake, to ignore the bill, and that they will contact BCBS.
I call BCBS myself to clarify.
They agree it is a mistake and tell me they will call Trident to get things straight (sometimes they even put me on hold and call Trident then click back over and tell me it is all fixed).
Then I get another huge bill from Trident.

...repeat the above scenario four or five times.

I thought I finally had everything straight with the last communication I had months ago, but tonight we got a call from a collection agency! So, tomorrow morning I will back on the phone trying to clear all this up. UGH!

1 comment:

Tracy said...

I'd be surprised if the collection agency didn't get things straightened out for you. But I suppose it's like most of these types of situations and depends on who you happen to have on the other end of the line and whether or not they truly care to be helpful. Aggravating. I'm having the same situation re: the anesthesia used. They billed us twice. Duh.