Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Moo!

As of today, the girls are drinking 100% whole milk and eating 100% real (not pureed and found in a jar) food!

Ahhh...life is simple-er.

The transition to finger foods was really driven by the girls. They seemed to be losing interest in being spoon fed, so I just started giving them more and more finger foods which they gobble up before the blink of an eye. They are really great at feeding themselves, and they are still happy eating things like yogurt and apple sauce from a spoon, which is good.

The transition from formula to milk was all mommy. At one year, they can switch to milk anyway, and though the girls were doing fine with their formula, I thought, "Hey, why not. They'll be one next week (!), and I'm tired of spending money on formula. I need some cute new sandals for summer."

Since they were drinking milk-based formula, the transition was super-simple. Per our pedi, they were to spend a couple days drinking 1/4 milk to 3/4 formula, then few days of 1/2 and 1/2, then a few days of 3/4 milk to 1/4 formula, then all milk. Well, things were going so well this weekend, we skipped ahead a few days, and the girls don't seem to mind at all.

PS
Check back later this evening for a surprise. :)

2 comments:

Tiffany Lockette said...

My daughter is 9 months and I am having trouble deciding what finger foods to give her. So far my husband and I have tried bananas, saltine crackers, puffs that melt in her mouth, teething biscuits, cheese and thats about it. What are some things that you gave your girls?

Tracy said...

My twosome are heading that way, too, especially now that they are holding their own bottles and taking sippy cups. It seems early to me, but they sure do prefer feeding themselves! Messy, but fun.