Tuesday, October 25, 2011

More Sweet Treats ~ Revised!

Anna Claire, Mallory, and I were at it again in the kitchen this weekend, this time baking up not one, but two sweet treats. First up, our fall~favorite: chocolate chip pumpkin muffins.  The pumpkin~chocolate combo isn't for everyone, but we think these muffins are yummy...

1 box of chocolate chip muffin mix
1 cup of canned pumpkin {not pumpkin pie filling}
1/2 cup of milk
1 large egg
1/2 t pumpkin pie spice
Bake in a greased mini-muffin pan at 400 degrees for 10 minutes {for mini-muffins}.

Now, this next dessert might not look so pretty, but let me just tell you that it is sooooo good! My mom brought us back half a peck of apples from the mountains and that is a lot of apples in case you're wondering. I was trying to figure out what I could do with all those apples before they went bad when my mom shared this recipe from the produce stand where she bought the apples. I love apple pie but I 've never made one because, really, who has time to make apple pie these days? So, I am naming this recipe Working Mom's Apple Pie because it tastes just like apple pie and only took this working mom about 15 minutes to whip up.
  • Dice and peel 6-8 apples and place them in the bottom of a baking dish.
  • Sprinkle the apples with cinnamon and a cup of sugar {I just could not bring myself to use a full cup of sugar, so I used 3/4 of a cup instead and the apples were plenty sweet}
  • Sprinkle all that with a cup of Bisquick (I used Publix pancake/waffle mix because that's what I had}
  • Cut up a stick of butter and arrange it on top {yes, I used the whole stick of butter and that's all I'm going to say about that}
  • Finally, POUR ONE CUP OF MILK OVER EVERYTHING!
  • Bake at 350 for 45 minutes
Serve warm with Publix vanilla frozen yogurt {to offset all that butter, ha~ha}


No comments: