Saturday, October 29, 2011

Pumpkin Carving


We carved our pumpkin today and I was sure I could convince Anna Claire and Mallory to help us clean out the inside {yuck!}. Walter ended up scraping out the pulp, then I did the carving. Anna Claire was pretty disinterested from the get~go, but Mallory hung around and helped her Daddy sort out the seeds...
 Our jack o'lantern...
 Spoooooky...
 Doesn't it seem like the jack o'lantern and Anna Claire are looking at each other?
I always like to roast the seeds. Well, I found a recipe that said to avoid having to wait for the seeds to dry you could use a hair dryer. I am thinking this idea is genius! It's going to save me so much time.
Allow me to warn you that if you try this method, be sure to start out with your blow dryer on low at a fair distance away from the seeds. I didn't do this and let me just tell you there were pumpkin seeds flying everywhere.

It's okay. You can laugh at me. My family did. Like I said, genius!

No comments: