Monday, June 20, 2011

Disney Part IV {or we're finally getting the hang of this}

Our third full day in Disney World might have been the best. I think the girls had finally adjusted to being off~schedule a bit and were able to just go with the flow. We spent both the first and second half of the day at Magic Kingdom. I forget if I've already mentioned it or not, but we headed back to the hotel every afternoon after lunch for naps ~ a must for us!
After finally giving up on the girls ever riding Peter Pan, we settled on the the tea cups, instead.

 Afterwards, the girls had Mickey Mouse ice cream...so messy, but so good!

 And we finally convinced them to ride the Winnie the Pooh ride ~ a small victory!

We just happened to run into Pinocchio after lunch...Mallory was not impressed. She never cried at the sight of a character, just refused to make eye contact.
 Taking a bus ride back to the hotel for naps...
That evening, we headed back to Fantasyland for dinner at Cinderella's Royal Table. On the way, we finally found the rose garden where Rapunzel and Flynn hang out, but the line was long and we could not be late for our reservation. I took a quick pic for the girls from a distance.
Do you think the girls were a little excited to have dinner with four princesses? Before making our way up the winding staircase to the dining room, the girls got to meet Cinderella and have their picture taken with her. Prints of these pictures were part of the deal, so I'll have to scan those in later. As for the other princesses {my own two included}, I'll let the pictures do the talking...




Cinderella's Royal Table was first class...delicious food, amazing location {I mean, we ate inside Cinderella's castle}, and unprecedented face~time with the princesses. Worth every penny!

Afterwards we rode a few more rides {Dumbo, the carousel, It's a Small World ~ you know, our good ol' standbys}. On the way out the park, as people were starting to line the streets for the Electrical Parade, we literally ran into my parents coming in from Epcot. We stopped right on the edge of the sidewalk in front of the train station to catch up with them. Not planning to watch the parade until our last night, but realizing we were standing in a prime location, we plopped right down on the sidewalk and claimed our spot for the parade. It doesn't get any better than that!

The girls waiting patiently for the parade to begin...
They were completely fascinated by the parade, and I have to say after all these years and as many times as I've seen the Electrical Parade, it just does not get any better than seeing it with your children for the first time...and I don't mind at all that I'm still humming that music in my head.



Best. Day. Ever.

No comments: