Getting to know all about yule...
It doesn't feel much like Christmas; today's high was 75. It was fun, though, answering the following questions:
1. Wrapping paper or gift bags? both, but probably more bags this year because they're easier
2. Real tree or Artificial? artificial for the first time this year, again - easier, we're horrible about watering a real tree, and I don't like all the pine needles all over the floor
3. When do you put up the tree? usually the weekend after Thanksgiving
4. When do you take the tree down? a few days after Christmas because all the needles have usually fallen off by then, this year we'll probably keep it up longer
5. Do you like eggnog? yummy!
6. Favorite gift received as a child? my first cabbage patch doll
7. Hardest person to buy for? my dad
8. Easiest person(s) to buy for? Walter
9. Do you have a nativity scene? I love my willow tree nativity scene, I have all the pieces, but now I want the new one with the larger figurines - beautiful!
10. Mail or email Christmas cards? mail, although last year I didn't send any because I was suffering from a horrible case of morning, noon and night sickness - just got this year's in the mail yesterday and started addressing them tonight
11. Worst Christmas gift you ever received? can't think of one thing
12. Favorite Christmas Movie? do you remember the animated movie about the mouse family that lives in the clock tower in the middle of town and the dad works in the post office? I haven't seen it on in several years and I can't remember the name of it, but I loved it as a kid, and A Christmas Story
13. When do you start shopping for Christmas? too late
14. Have you ever recycled a Christmas present? nope, but I have returned many to the store
15. Favorite thing to eat at Christmas? anything sweet
16. Lights on the tree - white - I think they show off the ornaments better
17. Favorite Christmas song? Baby, It's Cold Outside is my favorite right now - the James Taylor/Natalie Cole version (not exactly about Christmas, but it's on my James Taylor Christmas CD) and Joy to the World, of course, the girls love Santa Clause is Coming to Town - I sing it about 100 times a day
18. Travel at Christmas or stay home? we travel around town, luckily all our family lives here
19. Can you name all of Santa's reindeer? dasher, dancer, prancer, vixen, comet, cupid, donner, blitzen, and the most famous reindeer of all - rudolph - I also sing this numerous times a day
20. Angel on the tree top or a star? star until this year, now Santa
21. Open the presents Christmas Eve or morning? both - we have a huge family
22. Most annoying thing about this time of the year? traffic at the mall
23. Favorite ornament theme or color? every ornament on our tree has a story behind it and I love that - can't wait to share those stories with the girls
24. Favorite for Christmas dinner? too hard to decide
25. What do you want for Christmas this year? now that I have my two little girls, I'll never ask Santa for anything again
Okay, consider the snowball thrown your way! Either copy and modify the above adding your answers in the comments, or do your own post and let me know via a comment so I (and others) can go learn more about "Yule" and your holiday celebrations!