Tuesday, December 2, 2008

Roll With It

Little Miss Anna Claire started rolling over in her sleep last night.

She had rolled over for the very first time a few weeks ago, decided she didn't like it and hadn't tried it since until just this past weekend - but she was only rolling over during play time.

Last night she woke up at 2:30, and when I went to check on her she was on her tummy but had put herself back to sleep. Later, at 3:30 she was fussing again and was, again, on her tummy. This time, though, she wasn't going back to sleep without a little help. I rocked her for almost thirty minutes - she has her own little falling-to-sleep routine where she'll "talk" to me for a little while, then reach for and touch my face, smile a little, fuss a bit, then drop right off to sleep - so cute! When I put her down, she immediately rolled onto her side which is how she typically sleeps, but last night she kept on rolling right over onto her tummy and woke herself up. More rocking...

This time when I put her down she stayed on her back and slept until about 5:45, but she was able to put herself back to sleep again on her tummy until a little after 7AM. Yay! Maybe she'll learn a little faster than Mallory to roll over without waking herself. I need to look back in my notes to see how long it took Mallory to figure things out. I can only hope Anna Claire will be a fast learner.

No comments: